Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read the Terms and Conditions. By exploring and using this Website, you’re deemed to have accepted the Terms. We reserve the right to amend or modify the Terms, or the Website content, at any time and at our sole discretion.
American Smart Trucking agrees to arrange for transportation services as set forth in these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all transportation services arranged by American Smart Trucking on behalf of Shipper. At AST, our responsibility under this agreement is limited to arranging for, but not actually performing, transportation of the Goods.
Cargo Loss, Damage, and Delay
- Shipper understands and agrees that American Smart Trucking is not a motor carrier or freight forwarder and that American Smart Trucking will not be liable for loss, damage, or delay in connection with the transportation of Goods.
- If requested by Shipper and agreed to by AST, AST may assist Shipper in the filing or processing of claims with Carriers.
- Damage to the goods to the extent due to packaging, loading, unloading, blocking, bracing, or securing of the goods (unless Carrier has offered loading or unloading services at Shipper’s request, in which case such Carrier may be responsible for cargo damage caused by such loading or unloading services).
- AST will not be liable for an act of God or the public enemy.
- AST will not be liable for any action taken under the authority of law.
- American Smart Trucking is not responsible for expenses arising out of any load shift that occurs during transportation due to improper or insufficient loading, blocking, or bracing.
- The shipper will not tender any restricted goods, including but not limited to hazardous materials and waste, overweight or oversize shipments, rolled or coiled products, or commodities requiring protection from the climate conditions, without properly identifying such shipments and making necessary prior arrangements for transportation.
Shipper shall defend, indemnify and hold American Smart Trucking and Carriers harmless against any losses caused by or resulting from;
- Shipper’s or Shipper’s employees’ and agents’ negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Shipper’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Shipper’s or Shipper’s employees’ or agents’ violation of applicable laws or regulations.
- If Shipper does not pay the invoiced amount to Carrier, AST holds no responsibility of recovering any amount or taking action from Carrier’s behalf.
- If requested by Carrier and agreed to by AST, AST may assist Carrier in taking necessary action against the Shipper.
- American Smart Trucking will invoice Shipper for its services based on the negotiated rates and charges.
We, as a company, take steps to ensure the information or content on our website is accurate and kept up to date. However, the information on our website is given as general information only, and you must not use or rely on it for any other purposes. The information does not form part of any contract between you and our company. Our company does not accept liability for any of the content of this website. Although all the material on our website is virus checked, no guarantee is given that files are free from computer viruses.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, our company shall not be liable to you or any other party for any loss or damage that results from the use of this website, or reliance upon any information which appears on this website. Our company shall have no liability for any errors or omissions in the information provided on our website. The American Smart Trucking reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides through website without any notice. The American Smart Trucking will not be responsible if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time.
Links that may be available on our website are only for information only. The American Smart Trucking has no control over the contents of those websites or resources. Our company takes no responsibility for any such websites or the contents thereof, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.